Have you ever given much thought to spiritual matters? What would you say is a human person’s greatest spiritual need? Have you ever thought about your own need of salvation? What would you say a person needs to do to be saved? How do you go about receiving eternal life?
Some say, “Always do your best.” Or “Go to church, be baptized and pray.” Still others may say, “Treat others the way you want to be treated.”
These things are good for everyone to practice, but God tells us in His Word of our need, His remedy, and how to receive the gift of eternal life, also known as salvation.
1. People’s sin and need “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
2. Sin’s penalty “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23a).
3. Christ’s remedy “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
4. God’s gift to people “The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
5. How to receive “If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation…For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:9,10,13).
Took your place.
Bore your punishment.
Endured your chastisement.
Suffered your penalty.
Paid for your crime.
Died for your sins.
You CAN be born again and become a child of God (John 1:12; 3:7)! You CAN have your sins forgiven (Psalm 103:3)! You CAN receive new spiritual life (John 10:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17)! You CAN have peace with God (Isaiah 57:21; Romans 5:1). You CAN have fellowship with God today (1 John 1:3)!
Prayer for Salvation
I acknowledge that I am a sinner.
Forgive all of my sins.
I believe that You are the Son of God.
I believe that You took my place, received my punishment and died for my sins.
I believe You rose from the dead.
I receive You into my heart.
I confess You as my Lord and Master.
I accept You as my Savior.
I believe You do save me now.
Thank you, Jesus, for my salvation. Amen.